Onika Veach is an experienced Wills & Estates, Property and Commercial lawyer. Onika (pronounced O-nee-ka) has been admitted as a solicitor in Queensland for over 12 years and has practiced law in both Gympie and Longreach.
Prior to being admitted as a solicitor, Onika trained as a solicitor in Gympie and completed her 5 year articles before moving out west. Onika started her career from the ground up at Power & Cartwright in 1994, when Jack Cartwright was the Principal and has over 25 years experience working in the legal industry. In addition to this, she has also worked for Local Government which gave her an insight into the particularities of local government law especially relating to property law.
In addition to providing everyday legal expertise in the areas of Wills & Estates, Property and Commercial law, Onika has resolved several complex or novel matters in these areas of law including:
- Forcing the sale of land through the District Court;
- Settling the dissolution of a grazing partnership;
- Assisting Attorneys in situations where the capacity of the Principal is in doubt;
- Negotiating and settling the resignation of a trustee/executor of an estate held in trust for minor and disabled children;
- Making claims for further provision from deceased estates on behalf of spouses and children;
- Defending claims against estates;
- Negotiating lease terms with telecommunication providers;
- Making a claim for adverse possession over land owned by an ancestor.
Onika enjoys getting to know her clients and then being in a position to provide them with practical, cost-efficient legal advice. Her clients have made the following comments:
“We wanted to publicly express our thanks to Onika and her assistant, Linda for all their help over the past few years. We have had many dealings with them; they are always friendly, reliable, are great communicators, and consistently inspire confidence.” C & CT 2021
“Thank you so much Onika for all your hard work and persistence. We would never have got through this without your help.” A & R 2021
“We so appreciated your kindness to us, as well as your expertise and efficiency. It could have all been very onerous and difficult but dealing with you relieved me of the worry and that is beyond price, actually.” JP 2018
Email: [email protected]